This course is designed for candidates who wish to work within the travel and tourism or hospitality fields either within Australia or overseas.
Students need to develop their English skills in order to be able
to achieve success in a Vocational course or employment in the
areas of Tourism and Hospitality.
The course will assist students to develop some of the background
knowledge and skills by giving them opportunities to practice some
of the situations and language requirements. This will help them to
develop concepts related to Tourism and Hospitality.
By the end of this course, the candidate will have increased confidence in giving quality customer service in all aspects of communication in English, including;
- Hospitality English
- Travel and Tourism English
- Conversational Fluency in Interacting with Customers
- Telephone Interaction and Enquiries
- Workplace Correspondence
- Dealing With Complaints
- Taking Orders
- Reception Duties
- Describing, Comparing and Promoting Facilities
- Attractions and Events
- Job Hunting Requirements (CVs, cover letters, interview skills and more).
Students will be assessed through relevant tasks related to the content including
- Marketing assignment
- History task
- Geography task
- Customs and traditions assignment
- Jobs in tourism assignment
- Job search task
- Write your resume task
- City tour task
- Where to stay task
- Tourism changes culture assignment
- Roleplays and scenarios
Upper Intermediate to Advanced levels.
For a free assessment of your level of English please go to:
|Student Visa:||1 to 52 weeks
||1 to 17 weeks
|Tourist Visa:||1 to 12 weeks