IELTS is a highly dependable, practical and valid English language assessment primarily used by those seeking international education, professional recognition, benchmarking to international standards and global mobility. IELTS is owned, developed and delivered through the partnership of the British Council, IDP; IELTS Australia and the University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations. It is recognized by universities and employers in many countries, including Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the UK and the USA.
The IELTS Preparation course is twelve weeks in duration and designed to develop the specific language skills of learners preparing to take the IELTS examination. This program targets the Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking competencies that are required to successfully complete the 4 examination modules involved in the IELTS examination. Particular attention will be paid to improving learners' examination skills within the IELTS constraints.
The course provides practical guidance in the development and application of linguistic skills relevant to the IELTS examination requirements including vocabulary, grammar, text production and analysis and listening and speaking. Teachers provide an assessable framework to effectively measure learner progress.
This course is specially suited for student visa learners who need to complete the Academic IELTS examination for further study or the General Training IELTS examination for other purposes.
Course specific objectives:
- To adapt General English competencies to the specific requirements of the IELTS examination
- To develop the necessary linguistic skills to ensure success in the IELTS examination
- To provide an integrated approach to the development of relevant competencies
- To cultivate analytical skills by investigating a range of authentic and teacher generated texts
- To practice IELTS exam-taking skills
- Course Availability Morning GE: 9:00 - 2:45 p.m
- Evening GE: 4:30 - 8:30 p.m
- Option Classes: Friday
- Self Access: 2:45 - 4:15 p.m
- Evening GE: Limited levels
- Trial Lesson : Friday
Learners will be assessed through class tasks and tests.
Intermediate to Advanced levels
APC is a NEAS Quality Endorsed College.