Classes are complemented by regular excursions with teachers or chaperones to places of interest for educational enrichment.
Prior to commencing the Junior program, learners will complete the compulsory placement tests during orientation. Based on these tests, the Academic Manager will allocate a level best suited to their English proficiency.
- To build confidence and develop a passion for learning English.
- To practise all macro skills (reading, writing, listening and speaking) including functional grammar, lexis and register.
- To improve communicative skills in general with a focus on the development of speaking skills.
- To learn more about Australian culture and customs.
- To enable learners to feel comfortable studying in a global context.
Morning Classes: 9:00 - 1:15 p.m
Homework and class tests are set regularly and learners complete an exit examination.
Recreation is important order to ensure that the learners are maintaining a healthy lifestyle and are able to maximise their educational opportunity. There are organised activities such as bowling, bush, rainforest and mountain walking, beach fun and ball games. Social functions such as barbecues and parties are organised specifically for primary school aged learners.
- Non-student visa holders only
- Minimum age of entry is 9 years
- A guardian and accommodation inspection is required for under 18 learners in homestay accommodation
APC is a NEAS Quality Endorsed College.