It is designed for:
- people who are qualified teachers in their own countries but who wish to obtain a qualification in modern, communicative teaching techniques, focusing on the teaching of oral English;
- people who are not qualified teachers but who wish to work as teaching assistants or otherwise in their own countries;
- people who wish to teach in ELICOS colleges in Australia or EFL (English as a Foreign Language) overseas.
During the course you will develop your understanding of essential theory related to Teaching English as a Second or Foreign Language, whilst also developing your practical teaching skills in the classroom through supervised classroom teaching practicum.
Certificate IV in Communicative TESOL 10298NAT
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)/Credit Transfer
Students may be eligible to obtain credits for individual modules as a result of experience gained in employment in the relevant business fields or from previous training or education. A fee is payable for assessing your RPL status. Students may also be eligible for credit transfer for relevant units studied at an Australian Registered Training Organisation.
Mode of Delivery
Overseas students: All vocational courses are delivered face-to-face and with up to one third (⅓) delivered online.
Domestic students: face-to-face, online and blended options available
|DAY||DAY 1||DAY 2|
|08:30 - 12:30||Lecture||Lecture|
|13:00 - 17:00||Lecture||Lecture|
|15:00 - 17:00||#ASM Tutorial|
- Timetables may vary slightly from campus to campus.
- Lectures may be mixed and each student will study a total of 20 timetabled hours per week for each 9 week term they are enrolled in.
- ASM tutorials are available at the same time on other days
#ASM = Academic Support Material tutorial.
TESOL candidates are assessed through lesson preparation, and completion of supervised classroom teaching practicum placements.
Successful completion of Australian Year 12 or equivalent.
Note: To teach in Australia upon completion of the course applicants are required to have completed an undergraduate degree in any discipline.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
Successful completion of 10 weeks of General English at Advanced level or equivalent (plus 80% attendance) at our sister school, English Unlimited, or at other approved providers.
A spoken interview is conducted with applicants about their career goals, and their existing linguistic knowledge.