Targeting the practical aspects and employability skills for the design industry, this program will interest those wishing to work as a:
- Graphic Designer
- Multimedia Artist
- Pre-press designer
- Junior Art Director
- Computer Finished Artist
- Illustrator Layout artist
- Packaging Designer
Advanced Diploma of Graphic Design (CUA60315)
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)/Credit Transfer
Students may be eligible to obtain credits for individual modules as a result of experience gained in employment in the relevant business fields or from previous training or education. A fee is payable for assessing your RPL status. Students may also be eligible for credit transfer for relevant units studied at an Australian Registered Training Organisation.
Mode of Delivery
Overseas students: All vocational courses are delivered face-to-face and with up to one third (⅓) delivered online.
Please refer here for more information.
Domestic students: face-to-face, online and blended options available
Graphic Design students will require the following equipment and software:
• A functioning and monitored email address
• A modern computer (see specs below)
• Face-to-face students: Laptop
• Online students: Laptop or desktop
• Broadband internet access (300 kbps is a minimum requirement)
• A video capable device and/or a digital camera
• Access to a scanner/printer (minimum 1000+ DPI, A4 size)
• Sufficient IT skill sets to operate in an online environment
• Adobe CC; InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator Student price (Approx. $21.99 per month)
• Microsoft Office, Excel & Powerpoint or equivalent software (Approx. $199.00 one off payment)
• Relevant software to upload and download PDFs & videos
To operate Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop Applications the computer requires;
• Internet connection required
• PC: Microsoft® Windows 7 or later, Intel® Core 2 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor; 2 GHz or faster processor, minimum 2.6 GB or more of available hard-disk space, OpenGL 2.0-capable system.
• Mac: Mac OS X v10.9 or later, Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support, 2 GB or more of RAM (8 GB recommended), 4 GB or more of available hard-disk space for installation, OpenGL 2.0-capable system
|DAY||DAY 1||DAY 2|
|08:30 - 12:30||Lecture||Lecture|
|13:30 - 17:30||Studio workshop||Studio workshop|
- All subjects have a compulsory online component of 2 hours per subject
All APC vocational courses are assessed through a combination of assessment types that may include short answer questions, studio projects, essays, reports, group tasks, portfolios and/or
Successful completion of the Diploma of Graphic Design (Course code: CUA50715) or equivalent qualification and submission of a design portfolio with 5-8 pieces of original creative work.
To enter this qualification, individuals must provide evidence of their technical skills and ability to:
• Apply visual communication history and theory to own professional practice
• Produce professional typography
• Produce graphic designs for two-dimensional and three-dimensional applications
• Create and manipulate graphics and design complex publication layouts
(Skills and knowledge may have been acquired through graphic design work experience or through formal study)
• Certificate III in Design Fundamentals or equivalent
Click here to download the our full portfolio guide.
English Level Required (Overseas students only)*
Successful completion of 10 weeks of General English at Upper Intermediate level (plus 80% attendance) at our sister school, English Unlimited, or at other approved providers or equivalent.
APC Design School policies (Domestic students only)
APC Design School Access and Equity Policy
APC Design School VFH Statement of Tuition Assurance
APC Design School VSL Statement of Tuition Assurance
APC Design School Cancellation Refund and Re-credit Policy
APC Design School FEE-HELP Review Procedures for Re-crediting FEE-HELP Balances
APC Design School Privacy of Information Policy - External Policy
APC Design School Privacy of Information Policy - Internal Policy
APC Design School RPL and Credit Transfer Policy
APC Design School Student Complaints and Appeals Policy