Targeting the practical aspects and employability skills for the design industry, this program will interest those wishing to work as a:
- Interior Drafter
- Interior Decorator
- Interior Designer
Diploma of Interior Design (MSF50218)
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)/Credit Transfer
Students may be eligible to obtain credits for individual modules as a result of experience gained in employment in the relevant business fields or from previous training or education. A fee is payable for assessing your RPL status. Students may also be eligible for credit transfer for relevant units studied at an Australian Registered Training Organisation.
Mode of Delivery
Overseas students: All vocational courses are delivered face-to-face and with up to one third (⅓) delivered online.
Please refer here for more information.
Domestic students: face-to-face, online and blended options available
Interior Design students will require the following equipment and software:
• A functioning and monitored email address
• A modern computer (see specs below)
• Face-to-face students: Laptop
• Online students: Laptop or desktop
• Broadband internet access (300 kbps is a minimum requirement)
• A video capable device and/or a digital camera
• Access to a scanner/printer (minimum 1000+ DPI, A4 size)
• Sufficient IT skill sets to operate in an online environment
• AutoCAD & Revit – Free for students
• SketchUp – Student price (Approx. $71.50 per year)
• Adobe CC; Photoshop - Student price (Approx. $21.99 per month)
• Microsoft Office, Excel & Powerpoint or equivalent software (Approx. $199.00 one off payment)
• Relevant software to upload and download PDFs & videos
To operate AutoCAD, Sketchup, Revit and Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop Applications the computer requires;
• Internet connection required
• PC: Minimum requirements are Microsoft® Windows 7+ or later, .NET Framework version 4.5.2. Intel® Core 2 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor; 1 GHz or faster processor, 4 GB RAM, minimum 700MB of available hard-disk space, 3D class video card (OpenGL 3.0 or higher) with 512MB of memory or higher and support for hardware acceleration. OpenGL 2.0-capable system
• Mac: Minimum requirements are Mac OS 10.14+ (Mojave), Mac OS 10.13+ (High Sierra), and 10.12+ (Sierra) or later, 2.1+ GHz Intel™ processor, 4 GB or more of RAM (8 GB recommended), 4 GB or more of available hard-disk space for installation, 3D class video card (OpenGL 3.0 or higher) with 512MB of memory or higher and support for hardware acceleration. OpenGL 2.0-capable system.
|DAY||DAY 1||DAY 2|
|08:30 - 12:30||Lecture||Lecture|
|13:30 - 17:30||Studio workshop||Studio workshop|
- All subjects have a compulsory online component of 2 hours per subject
All APC vocational courses are assessed through a combination of assessment types that may include short answer questions, studio projects, essays, reports, group tasks, portfolios and/or
Successful completion of Australian Year 11 or equivalent, or a Certificate IV level course.
English Level Required (Overseas students only)*
Successful completion of 8 weeks of General English at Intermediate level or equivalent (plus 80% attendance) at English Unlimited or 10 weeks at other approved providers.
APC Design School policies (Domestic students only)
APC Design School Access and Equity Policy
APC Design School VFH Statement of Tuition Assurance
APC Design School VSL Statement of Tuition Assurance
APC Design School Cancellation Refund and Re-credit Policy
APC Design School FEE-HELP Review Procedures for Re-crediting FEE-HELP Balances
APC Design School Privacy of Information Policy - External Policy
APC Design School Privacy of Information Policy - Internal Policy
APC Design School RPL and Credit Transfer Policy
APC Design School Student Complaints and Appeals Policy