Diploma of Interior Design (MSF50218)
Interior Design course outline
- Interior Design Drawing Techniques
- Residential Interiors 1
- Interior Structures
- Modelling Interiors
- Specifying Interiors
- Interiors for the Less Able
- Restoration Interiors 1
- Residential Interiors 2
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)/Credit Transfer
Students may be eligible to obtain credits for individual modules as a result of experience gained in employment in the relevant business fields or from previous training or education. A fee is payable for assessing your RPL status. Students may also be eligible for credit transfer for relevant units studied at an Australian Registered Training Organisation.
Please see College Policies for the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)/Credit Transfer Policy.
Mode of Delivery
Student visa holders: Full-time study delivered face-to-face with up to one third (⅓) online.
Domestic students (and other visas): Full-time/part-time study options delivered face-to-face, online and/or blended.
Interior Design students will require the following equipment and software:
• A functioning and monitored email address
• A modern computer (see specs below)
• Face-to-face students: Laptop
• Online students: Laptop or desktop
• Broadband internet access (300 kbps is a minimum requirement)
• A video capable device and/or a digital camera
• Access to a scanner/printer (minimum 1000+ DPI, A4 size)
• Sufficient IT skill sets to operate in an online environment• AutoCAD – Free for students
• SketchUp – Student price (Approx. $93.50 per year)
• Google Suite (Google Docs, Slides and Sheets included as part of your Student Email Account)
• Relevant software to upload and download PDFs & videos
To operate AutoCAD and Sketchup the computer requires:
• Internet connection required
• PC: Minimum requirements are Microsoft® Windows 7+ or later, .NET Framework version 4.5.2. Intel® Core 2 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor; 1 GHz or faster processor, 4 GB RAM, minimum 700MB of available hard-disk space, 3D class video card (OpenGL 3.0 or higher) with 512MB of memory or higher and support for hardware acceleration. OpenGL 2.0-capable system
• Mac: Minimum requirements are Mac OS 10.14+ (Mojave), Mac OS 10.13+ (High Sierra), and 10.12+ (Sierra) or later, 2.1+ GHz Intel™ processor, 4 GB or more of RAM (8 GB recommended), 4 GB or more of available hard-disk space for installation, 3D class video card (OpenGL 3.0 or higher) with 512MB of memory or higher and support for hardware acceleration. OpenGL 2.0-capable system.