Diploma of Applied Fashion Design and Merchandising
- Garment Design and Construction 1
- Fabric in Fashion
- Fashion Design History and Processes
- Fashion Production
- Fashion Innovation and Practice
- Garment Design & Construction 2
- Fashion Design Collection
- Fashion Promotion
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)/Credit Transfer
Students may be eligible to obtain credits for individual modules as a result of experience gained in employment in the relevant business fields or from previous training or education. A fee is payable for assessing your RPL status. Students may also be eligible for credit transfer for relevant units studied at an Australian Registered Training Organisation.
Please see College Policies for the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)/Credit Transfer Policy.
Mode of Delivery
Overseas students: Full-time study delivered face-to-face with up to one third (⅓) online.
Domestic students: Full-time/part-time study options delivered face-to-face, online and/or blended.
Fashion Design students will require the following equipment and software:
• A functioning and monitored email address
• A modern computer (see specs below)
• Face-to-face students: Laptop
• Online students: Laptop or desktop
• Broadband internet access (300 kbps is a minimum requirement)
• A video capable device and/or a digital camera
• Access to a scanner/printer (minimum 1000+ DPI, A4 size)
• Sufficient IT skill sets to operate in an online environment
• Adobe CC; Photoshop and Illustrator. Student price (Approx. $21.99 per month)
• Microsoft Office, Excel & Powerpoint OR equivalent software (Approx. $199.00 one off payment)
• Relevant software to upload and download PDFs & videos To operate Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop Applications the computer requires;
• Internet connection required
• PC: Microsoft® Windows 7 or later, Intel® Core 2 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor; 2 GHz or faster processor, minimum 2.6 GB or more of available hard-disk space, OpenGL 2.0-capable system.
• Mac: Mac OS X v10.9 or later, Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support, 2 GB or more of RAM (8 GB recommended), 4 GB or more of available hard-disk space for installation, OpenGL 2.0-capable system
Fashion Design students will also require a dress form, sewing machine, iron & ironing board, material, pattern making tools and paper. Students can also expect to supply themselves with limited materials such as sketch books, journals, coloured pens and pencils. (Face to Face students will have some equipment on campus but will still need to purchase their own materials, thread and accessories)