There are six (6) levels of General English at APC:
- Upper Intermediate
Prior to commencing the General English course, learners will sit the compulsory placement tests during orientation. Based on these tests, the Academic Manager will place learners in the class best suited to their level of English proficiency.
Learners have the option to study in morning or evening classes.
This course involves full time study with 20 hours of face-to-face teaching and 4 hours of complimentary option classes per week.
Option Classes available to learners are: Writer’s Workshop and Conversation Class, Pronunciation and Social Media, IELTS Test Practice, Grammar and EAP Support.
- To improve speaking and listening skills;
- To learn to think independently and establish control over the direction of their studies;
- To learn to work collaboratively and develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- To gain an understanding of Australia and Australian people and culture;
- To focus on English for the Global Citizen and encourage diversity in thinking, leadership skills, cross-cultural understanding and the ability to adapt to different environments.
- Morning GE: Monday – Thursday 9:00 am - 2:45 pm
- Evening GE: Monday – Friday 4:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Option Classes: Friday 9:00am – 1:15pm
- Self Access: Monday – Thursday 2:45 pm - 4:15 pm
- Evening GE: Limited levels
For more information please contact APC marketing staff: email@example.com
A placement test will be conducted on the first day at orientation. Learners will be assessed via continuous written in-class and homework assignments, weekly revision tests, written and oral presentations and class movement tests for eligibility for higher levels.
APC is a NEAS Quality Endorsed College.