Diploma of Interior Design
Are you looking for in-demand skills for a high-growth industry?
The Diploma of Interior Design is an industry-driven design course that prepares you for the demands of a high-growth, innovative career as an interior designer. Throughout this course, you will gain hands-on experience producing technical drawings, creating 3D digital models, designing and decorating interiors, and creating design briefs.
Targeting the practical aspects and employability skills for the design industry, this program will interest those wishing to work as a:
- Interior Drafter
- Interior Decorator
- Interior Designer
Subjects covered in this course include:
- Design Fundamentals
- Drawing Techniques
- 3D Digital Modelling
- Decoration and Styling
- Drawing Structure and Services
- Restoration Interiors
- Design for all ages and abilities
- Residential Design
Student Growth Stories
Natsuki – Design Fundamentals
Anar – Merit Scholar / General English
Polyana – Project Management
Arthur – General English / Marketing
- Broadband internet access
- A video capable device and/or a digital camera
- Access to a scanner/printer (minimum 1000+ DPI, A4 size)
- Sketchbook, drawing and model making materials
- Laptop (100% Online students may use Desktop computer)
– Apple/ MAC:
macOC 10.13 or newer, 16GB, 2.7 GHz quad-core Intel® Core i7™ or newer, 8 GB RAM, Minimum 40 GB free disk space; recommend 100 GB free disk space available.
64-bit Microsoft® Windows® 10 or Windows 11, 6 GB RAM, 30 GB free disk space.
- AutoCAD – Free for students AutoDesk.
- Revit Architecture (Advanced Diploma) – Free for students with AutoDesk.
- SketchUp – Student price (Approx. $99 per year)
- Adobe Creative Cloud subscription for Photoshop and Acrobat ($21.99/mth first year, $43.99/mth after that)
- Google Suite (Google Docs, Slides and Sheets included as part of your Student Email Account)
- Relevant software to upload and download video files
Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) is available for all courses, subjects and units of learning and competency being offered by APC and APC Design School.
If you have experience, skills and knowledge in your field of work – you may be eligible or even close to attaining a related qualification.
All APC vocational courses are assessed through a combination of assessment types that may include short answer questions, studio projects, essays, reports, group tasks, portfolios and/or presentations.
CRICOS Provider No: 03389EVisit website
Torrens University Australia brings a fresh, modern, careers-focused and global perspective to higher education, with courses providing graduates with a globally oriented skill-set that will make them a valuable contribution to any employer.
|Pathway Course||Number of Credits||Approximate Length of Credit|
|Bachelor of Interior Design (Residential)||80 Credits||Up to 1 year|
|Bachelor of Interior Design (Commerical)||80 Credits||Up to 1 years|
Successful completion of Australian Year 10 or equivalent.
English language proficiency requirements:
This Course requires you to be at an Upper-Intermediate English Level or have completed the English Proficiency Skills test with an Overall Minimum Pass Rate.
See below requirements to meet an Upper-Intermediate English Proficiency level:
|ELICOS Provider||Number of Weeks |
in this English Level
|Entry Level |
|English Unlimited||8 weeks minimum||80%||Minimum Attendance achieved|
|Other approved ELICOS colleges||10 weeks minimum||80%||Minimum Attendance achieved|
|Absence of ELICOS school proof||YES|
To participate in APC courses students need to have certain technical equipment, software and design equipment. Please check this Technology and Equipment Standard for Students.
|DAY 1||09:00 - 12:00||Subject 1: Livestream Lecture||13:00 - 16:00||Subject 2: Livestream Lecture|
|DAY 2||09:00 - 12:00||Subject 1: Studio (on-campus)||12:30 - 15:30||Subject 2: Studio (on-campus)|
|DAY 3||09:00 - 13:00||Subject 1: Interactive Livestream Studio with on-campus support||13:30 - 15:30||Subject 2: Interactive Livestream Studio with on-campus support||15:30 - 17:30||Enhance Your Employability Skills (EYES) tutorial|
- The above is a sample timetable. Actual timetables may vary between campuses. Please contact APC to find out more information on the specific timetable for this course at the campus of your choice. Student timetables are available in MyAPC.hub. Click here to access the Tutorial Topic Calendar FAQ .
- International students are expected to attend and study 20 timetabled hours per week.
Bundle and Save on Visa Costs
Course bundling is when you apply for a series of related courses, instead of just one course, saving you money on your visa costs.
For example, if you are interested in a Certificate II or Certificate III course, you can combine it into a bundle with a related Certificate IV course. Or combine a Certificate IV course with a related Diploma and Advanced Diploma.